At Early Autism Services, we are passionate about the potential of your child. Since our founding in 2008, we’ve believed the best way to develop that potential is through proactive, personalized Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy programs that enable families to work hand in hand with licensed professionals. We offer high-quality ABA therapy in Grand Rapids, as well as throughout the United States, Australia, and India.
What Is ABA Therapy?
ABA therapy is a flexible therapy program made to fit your child’s unique needs. Our ABA services in Grand Rapids aim to help each child turn positive behaviors into long-term habits. Our therapists utilize positive reinforcement and an understanding of antecedents and consequences to help your child.
Before your child begins autism therapy in Grand Rapids, they will undergo a free consultation with one of our licensed clinicians. During this meeting, the therapist will assess your child’s skills, interests and preferences. After this assessment, your therapist will meet with you to discuss and create treatment goals. Some common goals of our ABA therapy are:
- Communication skills.
- Social skills.
- Self-care such as potty training.
- Playtime alone and with others.
- Fine and gross motor skills.
- Academic skills such as sitting and attending.
During each therapy session, your therapist will collect data on your child’s progress. With this information, your therapist will adapt your child’s treatment plan to better suit their needs. We will also regularly meet with parents and caretakers to discuss your child’s current progress.
ABA Therapy Grand Rapids
We offer in-home ABA therapy in Grand Rapids, and throughout the greater Grand Rapids area. In-home services are generally for children between the ages 2-10 and are good for generalizing skills in a child’s natural environment. We focus on skills such as:
- Language & Communication
- Fine & Gross Motor
- Behavioral Planning
- Social Skills
- And more
We offer parent support and guidance to all of our clients to ensure that parents and caregivers have the tools to help their child meet behavioral goals outside of direct therapy sessions. Parent guidance, frequently referred to as parent training. focuses on:
- development of socially significant treatment plan and behavior goals
- assisting parents/caregivers with consistently implementing the child’s treatment plan
- generalization of the child’s skills with different people and in different settings/situations
- maintaining the child’s learned skills over time
- opportunities for discussion and feedback regarding the child’s Treatment Plan
In-Home ABA Therapy vs. Telehealth
Every child has unique therapy needs. EAS offers both in-home and telehealth therapy options to allow flexibility in your child’s care. Some benefits of our in-home therapy service include:
- Convenience: When you use our in-home therapy service, your child’s therapist will come to you. In-home therapy also reduces the need for travel and allows for more scheduling options.
- Familiar environment: By performing therapy in a familiar environment, your child may enact behaviors they would not perform at one of our clinics. This insight allows our therapists to better understand your child and cater treatment plans to their specific needs.
- Enhanced learning: During in-home therapy sessions, our therapists will demonstrate skills to children — such as washing their hands — by using items kids already interact with daily. This familiarity will speed up the learning process and allow your child to easily apply these abilities outside the home.
Our telehealth ABA therapy is a great option if you live in a rural area or transportation is an issue. Benefits of telehealth therapy include:
- Improved observation: Your child’s behavior may change when they know someone is observing them. Telehealth allows our therapists to monitor your child and the behaviors they perform in a setting familiar to them.
- Family connection: If you want to be more involved in your child’s care or have family members unable to make in-person appointments, our telehealth therapy allows relatives to attend and interact with your child during their session.
- Comfortable settings: If your child prefers a specific room in your home, telehealth allows them to move to a comfortable environment while still receiving therapy.
Searching for ABA Therapy in
Grand Rapids, MI?
Our team in Grand Rapids is a group of highly-trained and caring individuals whose primary concern is your child’s success. We specialize in building personalized ABA therapy programs that help children with autism reach their fullest potential.
Speak With a Clinician | (734) 545-6335
Services Available Near
We provide services throughout the greater Detroit and Downriver areas, including the regions listed below. If you don’t see your region included, please give our team a call.
- Ann Arbor
- Flat Rock
- St. Clair Shores
Insurances We Accept
- BCBS of MI/Blue Cross Network (BCN)
- Beacon Health (Value Options)
- CEI (Lansing Area)
- Humana Military TriCare
- Meritain (3rd party of Aetna)
- Physician’s Health Plan
- Prime Healthcare – Lake Huron Medical Center
- UBH/Optum (Commercial Only)
- Barry County Medicaid
- Branch County Medicaid
- Livingston County Medicaid
- Monroe County Medicaid
My child was just
diagnosed with autism.
From understanding your child’s autism diagnosis to starting an effective therapy program, there are many steps along the way. Our team of clinicians is here to help you. We can help answer your questions and get you on the path to starting a personalized therapy program for your child. Below is a guide of our process at EAS.
WE’LL PROVIDE A FREE CONSULTATION.
A Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will sit down with you and your child to get a comprehensive view of their unique needs.
OUR TEAM WILL WORK WITH YOUR INSURANCE.
From the point of insurance submission to communicating with your provider through authorization, we will manage the entire process.
WE’LL PROVIDE AN ASSESSMENT AND CREATE A PERSONALIZED TREATMENT PLAN.
A BCBA will provide a 1:1 assessment. We will take the time to engage with your child through observation, play and conversation. This observation will allow us to build a personalized program tailored to your child’s needs.
ABA SERVICES WILL BEGIN.
We’ll reassess via all-staff meetings and collaborate with you to ensure the plan continues to address your child’s needs over time.
Our Approach in ABA Therapy
The EAS Difference
We offer a variety of autism therapy options including: in-home ABA therapy, center-based ABA therapy, and remote therapy via Telehealth. Additionally we offer self-guided parent education classes and socials skills groups afterschool and on weekends.
EAS has a robust team made of hundreds of BCBAs, BCaBAs, Registered Behavior Therapists, Behavior Technicians, and insurance billing experts. Over the past decade, our team has helped hundreds of families throughout the United States, Australia, Canada and India.
The curriculum in our programs combine decades of research and years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. We continuously reassess each child’s program through frequent all staff meetings. This helps us ensure that we are achieving the goals built into each child’s therapy plan.
EAS has a firm understanding of insurance law and the policies of each of the major insurance providers. We’ve worked with every type of insurance policy, including PPO, HMO, self-funded, fully-funded, individual, group, in-state, out of state, private and federal policy. Health insurance can feel complicated, but we will guide you every step of the way.
All of our therapy programs are customized to each child’s unique skills. We provide individualized care as well as regular assessments to ensure we are continuing to meet your child’s needs.
Gabby Naula-Quintero, Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Gabby Naula-Quintero is a board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) and the Clinical Director for Early Autism Services’ Michigan office. She received a master’s degree in educational psychology at Wayne State University. Her main priority is to provide high quality services, and to include the parent in their child’s progress every step of the way.
Autism Therapy Programs
The curriculum in our ABA therapy program combines decades of research and years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. Click on one of the areas shown below for more information on each of the key elements of our ABA therapy program at EAS.
Missions & Values
At EAS, we strive to ensure everything we do reflects our company’s Core Purpose: To make high quality behavioral therapy available for all children with special needs, while adhering to our core values. Our four core values are:
- Make decisions empirically at all levels
- Be accessible and supportive
- Respect the individual
- Grow alongside both the client and staff
We can help.
If you would like to learn more about our ABA therapy program at EAS, click on the link below to request a free consultation.
One of our local clinicians will reach out for an initial meeting to give a basic overview of applied behavior analysis (ABA Therapy), answer questions about our program and our approach, discuss costs, and answer questions about your insurance coverage.