At Early Autism Services, we are passionate about the potential of your child. Since our founding in 2008, we’ve believed the best way to develop that potential is through proactive, personalized Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy programs that enable families to work hand in hand with licensed professionals. We offer high-quality ABA services in Kalamazoo and throughout the United States, Australia, and India.
ABA Therapy Kalamazoo
We offer in-home ABA therapy in Kalamazoo and throughout the greater Kalamazoo area. In-home services are generally for children ages two through 12 and are good for generalizing skills in a child’s natural environment. We focus on skills such as:
- Language & Communication
- Fine & Gross Motor
- Behavioral Planning
- Social Skills
- And more!
We offer parent support and guidance to all of our clients to ensure that parents and caregivers have the tools to help their child meet behavioral goals outside of direct therapy sessions. Parent guidance, frequently referred to as parent training. focuses on:
- development of socially significant treatment plan and behavior goals
- assisting parents/caregivers with consistently implementing the child’s treatment plan
- generalization of the child’s skills with different people and in different settings/situations
- maintaining the child’s learned skills over time
- opportunities for discussion and feedback regarding the child’s Treatment Plan
In-Home vs. Telehealth ABA Therapy
In-home and telehealth therapy are convenient options that allow your child to receive our ABA therapy services in Kalamazoo without traveling or disrupting their routine. Some benefits of in-home ABA therapy include:
- At-home behaviors: Your child may perform different behaviors at home than they would at one of our autism therapy clinics in Kalamazoo. By having your child’s therapist arrive at your residence, they can observe your child in their living space and better cater their care to these needs.
- Familiar environment: When your child meets their therapist for the first time, it may be overwhelming, especially if this meeting occurs in a new environment. Having your child meet their therapist in familiar surroundings may remove some stress and allow them to be more receptive.
- More teaching opportunities: By providing therapy at home, your therapist can show your child the skills they need with items that are already present and used every day. Using familiar objects may speed up the learning process for your child and enable them to easily transfer these skills elsewhere.
Telehealth is an excellent option if you live in a rural area or lack reliable transportation to bring your child to a clinic for therapy. Additional benefits of telehealth include:
- Improved therapy plans: If your child’s behavior changes during observation, a telehealth therapy program may be a better option for them. Telehealth also allows your therapist to observe your child at home and focus on the behaviors they enact in a comfortable setting.
- Opportunities for the family: If you have family members who would like to be more involved in your child’s care, telehealth allows them to be present during a therapy session without traveling anywhere. Family members can also use this time to ask the therapist questions or take an active role in their child’s therapy.
- Comfortable environment: During a telehealth session, your child can move to a room or area of the home where they feel most comfortable. By being in a familiar environment, they will be more at ease and more receptive to the skills taught during the session.
Searching for ABA Therapy in
Our team in Kalamazoo is a group of highly-trained and caring individuals whose primary concern is your child’s success. We specialize in building personalized ABA therapy programs that help children with autism reach their fullest potential.
Speak With a Clinician | (734) 545-6335
Services Available Near
We provide services throughout the greater Detroit and Downriver areas, including the regions listed below. If you don’t see your region included, please give our team a call.
- Ann Arbor
- Flat Rock
- St. Clair Shores
Insurances We Accept
- BCBS of MI/Blue Cross Network (BCN)
- Beacon Health (Value Options)
- CEI (Lansing Area)
- Humana Military TriCare
- Meritain (3rd party of Aetna)
- Physician’s Health Plan
- Prime Healthcare – Lake Huron Medical Center
- UBH/Optum (Commercial Only)
- Barry County Medicaid
- Branch County Medicaid
- Livingston County Medicaid
- Monroe County Medicaid
My child was just
diagnosed with autism.
From understanding your child’s diagnosis, to starting a therapy program, there are many steps along the way. Our team of clinicians are here to help. We can answer any questions you have and get you on the path to starting a personalized therapy program for your child. Below is a step by step guide of our process at EAS.
GIVE US A CALL.
Whether you’re ready to schedule a free consultation or just want to talk, we’re here. 734.545.6335
WE’LL PROVIDE A FREE CONSULTATION.
A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will meet with both you and your child to get a comprehensive view of their unique needs.
OUR TEAM WILL WORK WITH YOUR INSURANCE.
From the point of insurance submission to communicating with your provider through authorization, we will manage the entire process.
WE’LL PROVIDE AN ASSESSMENT AND CREATE A PERSONALIZED TREATMENT PLAN.
A BCBA will provide a 1:1 assessment. Our team will take the time to engage with your child through play, observation, and conversation. This observation will allow us to build a personalized program tailored to your child’s needs.
ABA SERVICES WILL BEGIN.
We’ll reassess via all-staff meetings and collaborate with you to ensure the plan continues to address your child’s needs over time.
Our Approach in ABA Therapy
The EAS Difference
We offer a variety of autism therapy options including: in-home ABA therapy, center-based ABA therapy, and remote therapy via Telehealth. Additionally we offer self-guided parent education classes and socials skills groups afterschool and on weekends.
EAS has a robust team made of hundreds of BCBAs, BCaBAs, Registered Behavior Therapists, Behavior Technicians, and insurance billing experts. Over the past decade, our team has helped hundreds of families throughout the United States, Australia, Canada and India.
The curriculum in our programs combine decades of research and years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. We continuously reassess each child’s program through frequent all staff meetings. This helps us ensure that we are achieving the goals built into each child’s therapy plan.
We have a firm understanding of insurance law and the policies of each major insurance provider. We have worked every type of insurance policy including HMO, PPO, fully-funded, self-funded, group, individual, in-state, out of state, private and federal policy. Health insurance can feel complicated, but we will guide you every step of the way.
All of our therapy programs are customized to each child’s unique skills. We provide individualized care as well as regular assessments to ensure we are continuing to meet your child’s needs.
Gabby Naula-Quintero, Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Gabby Naula-Quintero is a board certified behavior analyst (BCBA) and the Clinical Director for Early Autism Services’ Michigan office. She received a master’s degree in educational psychology at Wayne State University. Her main priority is to provide high quality services, and to include the parent in their child’s progress every step of the way.
Autism Therapy Programs
The curriculum in our ABA therapy program combines decades of research and years of experience in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. Click on one of the areas shown below for more information on each of the key elements of our ABA therapy program at EAS.
Missions & Values
At EAS, we strive to ensure everything we do reflects our company’s Core Purpose: To make high quality behavioral therapy available for all children with special needs, while adhering to our core values. Our four core values are:
- Make decisions empirically at all levels
- Be accessible and supportive
- Respect the individual
- Grow alongside both the client and staff
We can help.
If you would like to learn more about our ABA therapy program at EAS, click on the link below to request a free consultation.
One of our local clinicians will reach out for an initial meeting to give a basic overview of applied behavior analysis (ABA Therapy), answer questions about our program and our approach, discuss costs, and answer questions about your insurance coverage.