If you suspect your child might need a diagnosis to receive extra support and services, it is important to receive proper therapies ASAP. You will soon find yourself stalled by waiting-lists upon waiting-lists.
Getting through the wait list as quickly as possible is your goal!
Tips on obtaining a quick diagnosis:
- Call your insurance provider to obtain a list of locations that provide diagnosis.
- Ask your insurance provider to give you diagnostic centers up to an hour away from your home. Provide them with a remote area (less likely to have a wait list).
- Call all of these diagnostic centers and tell them to place you on the waiting list (if they have one).
- Ask how long the wait list is.
- Intermittently call the diagnostic centers to see if they had any cancellations. This increases your chances of obtaining a quicker appointment.
- “The squeaky wheel gets the grease”
Another method on getting through the wait list:
- Research what type of therapies your child will benefit from once they obtain the diagnosis you suspect.
- Call local agencies that provide those services.
- Ask them if they refer any diagnostic centers with a short wait list- mention you are willing to drive up to an hour or two away (if possible).
If you would like to find out more about the services that EAS offers, please visit our website at earlyautismservices.com or call (312) 965-2997.