Telehealth is a term used for health-related services that take place through an electronic device. At Early Autism Services, we understand each child has unique needs. Our telehealth options include the same personalized services we provide through our in-home programs, only from a distance.
Telehealth is an excellent option for allowing your child to receive the therapy they need without disrupting their routine. Some of the many benefits of our ABA remote services include:
- Convenience: Telehealth removes the need for traveling a distance and waiting at our clinic for your child’s Behavior Technician. With telehealth, your child can remain in a familiar, comfortable environment, which will allow them to be more receptive to therapy.
- More observation opportunities: With telehealth, your child’s Behavioral Technician can observe how your child acts in the home. This insight allows them greater understanding and helps them correctly adapt your child’s therapy program to fit their unique needs.
- Opportunities for the family: When meeting over a telehealth platform, parents can take greater control of their child’s care and be more involved in therapy. If a family member is unable to attend an appointment at our clinic, they can participate in a telehealth session and become involved by asking questions.
- Easier scheduling: Telehealth makes it easier to schedule and attend appointments on time. Creating and keeping to a regular therapy schedule is essential. With telehealth, you will not have to worry about being late to an appointment or experiencing other travel barriers.
There are multiple options to consider when deciding if telehealth is right for you. Your behavior technician can utilize any of these telehealth options separately or together in your child’s ABA program.
Parent Guidance: A Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) will meet with you regularly on a telehealth platform to discuss your needs and provide support. At the beginning of these services, the BCBA will work with you to determine goals to meet your needs. The BCBA will then work with your family to apply ABA principles to help you and your child meet your objectives.
We can provide parent guidance alongside a full ABA program or on its own. If you have an interest in receiving parent guidance services without enrolling in a full ABA program, you have options available!
Behavior Assessments: A BCBA will meet with you on a telehealth platform and work with you and your child to determine your child’s needs. The consultation with you and assessment will help the BCBA to determine a treatment plan for your child.
Supervision of Therapy Services: EAS can utilize the supervision of therapy services via telehealth for therapy sessions occurring both in-home or remotely.
Therapy Services: We will tailor our remote ABA therapy sessions to meet your child’s needs. Our BCBAs and behavior technicians will work directly with your child to meet goals through a telehealth platform. After an initial consultation and assessment, your BCBA will discuss if this option would be best for you.
There are many benefits to receiving telehealth ABA therapy services remotely. If you answer yes to any of the questions below, virtual ABA therapy might be a good option for your family.
- Do you live in a remote area with limited service options?
- Would you like to participate more in your child’s therapy program but have limited availability in your schedule?
- Are there parents residing in separate locations who wish to participate or be more active in services?
- Does your child’s behavior change during observation?
All of these are common situations for families who have found autism telehealth services helpful. To further explore your telehealth options, give our team a call. We would be happy to answer your questions and schedule a free consultation to better understand your family’s needs.
Since the founding of Early Autism Services in 2008, we have strived to maintain our core mission of developing children’s potential through proactive, personalized therapy programs. Our therapy programs allow families and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) to work together to create and implement highly effective autism ABA telehealth therapy programs.
Early Autism Services aims to provide your child with highly effective remote ABA therapy services. Looking to learn more about our BCBA or RBT telehealth programs or schedule a free consultation for your child? We encourage you to fill out our online form today.